Real Estate Development
NeighborWorks® Housing Solutions (NHS) pursues community-based building opportunities with for-profit and non-profit organizations, health and education agencies, and mission-driven developers and investors.
We are always looking to expand our real estate portfolio through the acquisition of existing multifamily residential properties, vacant land, and historic buildings. If you have a property or an opportunity that you would like to discuss with us, please contact our Development team.
Notable NHS Development Accomplishments
- In 2021, NHS completed the construction of Sycamore on Main, 48 affordable and workforce apartments in Brockton. The property will serve as a catalyst for more development in the downtown. Commercial space on the 1st floor will be home to the Brockton Beer Company.
- In 2020, NHS finished construction of the first completely deaf-friendly group home for adults with disabilities in Quincy’s Germantown neighborhood.
- In partnership with WinnDevelopment, NHS completed the construction of The Watson in 2018. The Quincy property consists of 140 mixed-income apartment homes, 80% of which serve the needs of households priced out of the market.
- Constructed 32 new efficiency and one-bedroom apartments for formerly homeless veterans in in southern MA.
- Successfully recapitalized two existing multifamily properties in Wareham and Taunton to fund much-needed renovations and preserve their long-term affordability.
- Created 10 apartment homes for formerly homeless families in partnership with the City of Quincy.
- Constructed 9 transitional housing units in partnership with DOVE (Domestic Violence Ended.)
- Created 61 affordable housing units with Father Bill’s & MainSpring for formerly homeless individuals.
- Completed construction of 11 affordable apartments in partnership with Habitat for Humanity.