HCEC Triage Specialist
Health and well-being start with having a safe and affordable home in a stable and opportunity-rich community. We promote these conditions by developing housing, by providing housing resources and education in collaboration with our partners in the public and private sectors.
NeighborWorks Housing Solutions is seeking a qualified full-time housing triage specialist that will work a hybrid schedule that covers both the Fall River and New Bedford Offices. A successful triage specialist will be able to confidently answer client questions and be able to make appropriate and timely determinations and recommendations to people experiencing housing crisis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Serve clients by greeting, welcoming and directing them appropriately.
• Inform clients by answering housing queries or referring inquiries to the appropriate department if necessary.
• Help clients create action steps to assist with their housing situation.
• Create accurate and complete client profiles using case management system.
• Operates telecommunication system and answers and routes calls effectively.
• Supports continuity among work teams by assisting all in office departments with productivity, efficiency, and administrative tasks.
• Advocate on behalf of program participants to understand the services offered by NHS and its partners.
• Attend and participate in staff meetings and training courses as required.
• Demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality pertaining to case records and client information.
• Demonstrated ability to de-escalate clients and communicate effectively in crisis situations.
• Other Duties as assigned: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that re required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Requirements & Skills:
QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
• Ability to collect and organize complex material in a clear and concise manner, and manage workload with a sense of urgency.
• Ability to communicate with clients who are in crisis calmly and without judgement.
• Ability to communicate information effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Demonstrated skill in customer service, time management and prioritizing needs.
• Proficiency in Microsoft programs and the ability to effectively operate standard office equipment.
• Commitment to maintaining the confidentiality of client information.
• Previous experience in housing, financial, social services or real estate industry required.
• Bi-Lingual and community connected candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to type, finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; distinguish color and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job is primarily conducted in an office setting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping, and stretching. Requires ability to regularly lift up to 25 pounds. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Work is performed in an office environment.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
NeighborWorks Housing Solutions is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. At NeighborWorks Housing Solutions we provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.