The Administrative Assistant serves as Neighborhood Housing Solutions’ receptionist and provides administrative services in support of all organizational activities. This position is responsible for assisting with Homeownership Center workshop scheduling arrangements and assembling workshop materials. The Administrative Assistant performs a wide range of secretarial, administrative and clerical services in support of the Executive Director and other directors in the organization and serves as the primary point of contact for all technology needs (computers, copiers, and other office equipment) within the agency.
Job Requirements & Skills:
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Primary telephone contact for all incoming calls
· General administrative task in the office
· Schedule workshops for the Homeownership Center
· Register clients for Homeownership workshops
· Support the Executive Director and other directors
· Perform data entry for the organization’s bookkeeper
· Assist the Homeownership Director in preparing for workshops
· Assemble workshop materials
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
· Strong computer and Microsoft Suite skills; Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
· Proficient in Quickbooks
· Strong organization skills and attention to details.
· Strong verbal and written skills.
· Ability to work effectively with others in a diverse environment.
· Strong problem solving skills and decision making.
· Ability to work independently with assignments achieving timely completion.
Experience and Education
High School Diploma or equivalent
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, climb stairs, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and move without restriction. The employee is often required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Able to work flexible hours as needed.