Reporting directly to the President and CEO, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the CEO and provides administrative and clerical assistance to the CEO.
Job Requirements & Skills:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Manages reporting manager’s calendar and independently schedules appointments; arranging travel as necessary.
· Screens incoming calls and correspondence and responds independently when possible.
· Assists with preparation of records such as agenda, notices, minutes, data reports and resolutions for Board meetings. Maintains Board Authorizations. Sets up conference/zoom calls for the subcommittees of the Board as requested.
· Organizes and maintains computer file system; files correspondences, contracts and other records.
· Prepares outgoing mail and correspondence including email and faxes.
· In addition to the standard Assistant responsibilities, the Executive Assistant administers, coordinates, and maintains a variety of programs and projects as requested or assigned.
· Other administrative and clerical duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree and 2-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, financial reports, technical procedures, and legal documents.
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, board members, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
· Must be organized and detail oriented.
· Must present a professional manner at all times and display a high degree of confidentiality.
· Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and ability to juggle multiple priorities.
· Must be able to work independently.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to type, finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; distinguish color and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job is primarily conducted in an office setting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.