HCEC/RAFT Intake Specialist
Health and well-being start with having a safe and affordable home in a stable and opportunity-rich community. We promote these conditions by developing housing, by providing housing resources and education in collaboration with our partners in the public and private sectors
Under the direct supervision of the RAFT Supervisor, the Intake Specialist is responsible for conducting intake and assessment to individuals and families seeking assistance at NeighborWorks Housing Solutions to maintain housing and prevent homelessness. This position requires the use of independent judgment, decision making skills and attention to detail. The position may require travel between various locations to meet the needs of the clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Meet with clients to provide education, guidance and referrals
• Assess and define client needs
• Determine eligibility for a variety of programs
• Counsel clients on variety of different program requirements
• Assist clients with development of a housing plan and development of household budgets
• Build relationships with community agencies and develop partnerships
• Maintain up to date information on community resources
• Comply with all requirements of contracts and agreements
• Maintain the database associated with HCEC/RAFT
• Other duties as assigned
Job Requirements & Skills:
QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Ability to effectively communicate and work with individuals from diverse backgrounds and experience
• Demonstrated ability in organizing time and prioritizing work load
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
• Valid driver’s license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to type, finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; distinguish color and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job is primarily conducted in an office setting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping, and stretching. Requires ability to regularly lift up to 25 pounds. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Work is performed in an office environment.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that re required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Language capacity a plus