HomeBASE Case Manager
Health and well-being start with having a safe and affordable home in a stable and opportunity-rich community. We promote these conditions by developing housing, by providing housing resources and education in collaboration with our partners in the public and private sectors.
Ensures that the HomeBASE program meets guidelines set by the Executive Office of Housing and Livable Communities. HomeBASE is a program of the Executive Office of Housing and Livable Communities (EOHLC) and is designed to reduce the need for motels and shelters. The goal is to assist families who are facing homelessness to find alternative solutions to entering shelter and/or motels. Additionally, it seeks to reduce the number of families already in shelters and motels by providing financial assistance, resources, and services to quickly re-house these families. Processes and maintains client files and responds to requests for information within the scope of authority.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Interact with clients to provide guidance in the HomeBASE/E2E platform and different program requirements
• Monitor system usage, error logs, and proactively identify and address issues to ensure optimal program performance.
• Build relationships with community agencies and develop partnerships
• Comply with timeframes and contractual obligations set forth by NHS and EOHLC
• Meet internal NHS productivity goals.
• As needed, assist clients with on-going housing search including but not limited to, contacting prospective landlords and/or management companies, accompanying clients to view and apply for units, attending appointments at housing agencies and other search activities as they present;
• As needed, assist clients with move-in transition supports including but not limited to; furniture and furnishings assistance, budget support, and other resources and services as needed;
• Participate in special projects as needed and performs other duties as assigned.
• Maintain contact with clients and update their files accordingly with accurate notes.
• Comply with all requirements of state & federal contracts and agreements.
• Maintain accurate and timely client files via our internal client management system.
• As needed, obtain resources and services as requested and/or needed to address clients’ needs, including but not limited to housing applications, negotiation and mediation with property owners and utility companies, fuel assistance, and shelter information
• As needed, administer homelessness prevention funds, by conducting intakes, screening families for program eligibility, and meeting with clients or providers directly to complete paperwork;
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that re required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Requirements & Skills:
QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• Case management experience
• Valid driver’s license
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping, and stretching. Requires ability to regularly lift up to 25 pounds. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Work may be performed in an office environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
NeighborWorks Housing Solutions is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. At NeighborWorks Housing Solutions we provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.