HUD Certified Housing Counselor
Health and well-being start with having a safe and affordable home in a stable and opportunity-rich community. We promote these conditions by developing housing, by providing housing resources and education in collaboration with our partners in the public and private sectors
The Housing Counselor role is a key component of our HCEC program. Massachusetts HCEC programs offer expert advice to clients on a wide range of housing issues including; housing search, homelessness, home-buying, foreclosure prevention, tenant and landlord rights, and other housing related issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
Support relationships between NeighborWorks Housing Solutions and its constituent population by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with clients, visitors, government agencies and staff.
A NHS Housing Counselor provides comprehensive individual and group session counseling, foreclosure prevention/intervention counseling, financial & credit coaching, homebuyer education, and other consumer education services. This position requires the use of independent judgement and decision-making skills as well as the ability to offer un-biased, individually tailored advice to clients with complex housing needs.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This is not a remote opportunity, and is 35 hours per week in our Brockton Office.
Job Requirements & Skills:
• HUD Certification Required
• Experience counseling and managing a case load of clients with complex financial needs
• Ability to collect & organize complex material in clear and concise manner, and manage workload with a sense of urgency
• Ability to communicate information effectively, both orally and in writing
• Ability to present information effectively for group presentations, and one on one counseling sessions
• Demonstrated skill in customer service, time management and prioritizing needs
• Ability to complete and maintain client records for each interaction to ensure compliance with program and federal standards.
• Proficiency in Microsoft programs and the ability to effectively operate standard office equipment.
• Preferred bi-lingual skills, as we serve a diverse community with many language needs
• Previous experience in the housing, financial, social services or real estate industry preferred
• Knowledge of housing trends and issues such as foreclosure, first time buyers, loss mitigation techniques etc.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
NeighborWorks Housing Solutions is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. At NeighborWorks Housing Solutions we provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.