Massachusetts Rental Voucher Program Representative
Immediate Supervisor's Title: Continued Occupancy Manager
Status: Non-Exempt /Full Time- 35hrs./wk.
Salary: Based on experience plus benefits. Start base: $18-$22/hr.
Support relationships between NHS and its constituent population by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with colleagues and the public.
Job Requirements & Skills:
Essential Functions/Position Responsibilities
· Maintain a client caseload and the corresponding documentation in compliance with program regulations.
· Provide professional customer service to participants and landlords by responding promptly to inquiries, phone calls, emails, faxes, and correspondence.
· Determine applicant eligibility. Calculate accurate rent shares for participants’ continued occupancy. · · · Request appropriate documentation to meet verification requirements. Review and analyze documentation received over the phone, through the mail, faxes and emailed for completeness. Request third-party verification relative to income and assets when necessary.
· Brief applicants relative to MRVP rules and regulations.
· Process relocations and transfers, rent share calculations, and recertification processes in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with DHCD Administration plan and NHS internal requirements.
· Assist in compiling rental market comparisons, negotiate rent increase requests; determine rent reasonableness and process as necessary.
· Maintain participant files, program records, and caseload monitoring. Keep track of hard copy and electronic form requests. Maintain forms in database as needed.
Works in collaboration with SSP staff to ensure that escrows, rent shares, and billing account are accurate for SSP participants.
· Promotes the SSP program with new and current participants, explain the benefits, advantages, and encourage clients to participate in the self-sufficiency program.
· Educate program participants and owners as to their respective responsibilities and obligations under program requirements and fair housing laws. Conduct information and briefing sessions for the same. Assist in dispute resolution aimed at stabilizing tenancies. Assist tenants in the development of ADA accommodation action plans.
· Develop reference guides, program explanations, and informational resources for participants and owners.
· Monitor compliance by all parties and follow up on allegations of fraud, programs abuse, unreported income, collection of overpayments, and or other program violations.
· Process participant terminations for failure to comply with program regulations, prepare paperwork, and participate in informal hearing process.
· Maintain absolute confidentiality of work related issues, client records, and NHS information.
· Assist with training of new staff, caseload coverage, special projects, and perform other similar and related duties as requested.
· Bachelor’s Degree or four (4) years of relevant experience.
· Familiarity with housing program regulations and eligibility requirements preferred.
· Experience in customer service and interviewing techniques.
· Organizational skills, record keeping, and records management knowledge
· Proficiency in math, Microsoft Office or similar technology required
· Ability to interact with people of different socio-economic backgrounds
· Effective interpersonal and communications skills both verbal and written.
· Required to attend all Wagematch Workshops, MRI/Tenmast, and DHCD trainings that relate to the administration of the housing subsidies.