Program Representative- Processing
Health and well-being start with having a safe and affordable home in a stable and opportunity-rich community. We promote these conditions by developing housing, by providing housing resources and education in collaboration with our partners in the public and private sectors.
Provides information and assistance to rental assistance program participants, owners, and community partners concerning eligibility and continued occupancy in accordance with program requirements
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintains a client caseload and the corresponding documentation in compliance with program regulations.
• Determine participant initial and continued eligibility and accurate rent shares through review and analysis of documentation acquired by peers.
• Educate program participants and owners as to their respective responsibilities and obligations under program requirements and fair housing laws. Assist in dispute resolution aimed at stabilizing tenancies.
• Perform relocations, recertification, and rent share calculations processes in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with internal policies, DHCD Administration plan, and HUD regulations.
• Assist in training new employees and supports other team members in the interpretation of applicable provisions and regulations.
• Assist in compiling rental market comparisons, negotiating rent increase requests; determine rent reasonableness and process as necessary.
• Maintain participant files, program records, and caseload monitoring and tracking forms whether hard copies, electronic files or in databases in accordance with NHS’s policies and procedures and as prescribed by DHCD Administration plan and HUD regulations.
• Work cooperatively with FSS, SNO mass, Inspection and other teams ensuring high quality service coordination.
• Monitor compliance by all parties and follow up on allegations of fraud, programs abuse, unreported income, collection of overpayments, and or other program violations.
• Process participant terminations for failure to comply with program regulations, prepare paperwork and, participate in informal hearing process.
• Support the NeighborWorks Housing Solutions (NHS) mission and objectives through the delivery of professional and knowledgeable services to the community.
• Complete other tasks and duties as requested or assigned by Supervisor or Director.
Job Requirements & Skills:
•QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
• At least three (3) years' experience working in Public Housing, Housing Choice Voucher/Section 8, other Federal housing programs, or similar environment preferred.
• Ability to work independently, performing relatively complex work in an accurate and timely manner without close supervision.
• Ability to exercise good judgment and strong time management skills with the ability to handle large caseloads and high volume of work in a busy, fast paced environment.
• Ability to multi-task handling several tasks at once, anticipating and identifying problems and putting forward solutions
• Ability to understand and implement HUD regulations, and other Federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations related to low-income housing, including NHS and DHCD MTW policies and procedures.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to communicate with and relate to persons of diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with participants, landlords and other employees.
• Ability to complete complex and detailed tasks in a timely manner.
• Ability to plan and prioritize duties.
• Ability to handle frequent interruptions without a loss of efficiency/productivity or accuracy.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping, and stretching. Requires ability to regularly lift up to 25 pounds. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job is primarily conducted in an office setting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
NeighborWorks Housing Solutions is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. At NeighborWorks Housing Solutions we provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.