Program Representative - Verification Specialist
Department: Rental Assistance
Grade: Part-time 25 hours per week
Salary Range: $16-$20
Supervisor: Continued Occupancy Manager
• Communicates with applicants, participants, landlords/owners and co-workers in a professional manner
• Determine participant accurate rent shares through review and analysis of documentation that verify family composition, income, assets and other factors effecting rent calculations.
• Scan documentation to physical file and/or electronic files following designated protocol.
• Sort all incoming paperwork following designated checklist, in accordance with NHS and DHCD’s policies and procedures.
• Review incoming documentation for accuracy and completeness; request paperwork directly to clients, as needed.
• Use independent judgment in making recommendations in accordance with existing procedures or written guidelines, such as NHS internal policies, HUD, and DHCD regulations, handbooks, desk references, or existing records.
• Systematically prepare documentation and complete Rent Calculator or similar calculation sheet to determine rent shares.
• Completes corrections as requested by Supervisor and/or Compliance Manager
• Prepare documentation, single paperwork and sets, to send to clients.
• Support other team members in the interpretation of applicable provisions and regulations.
• Monitor compliance by all parties and follow up on unreported income, and or other program violations.
• Provide assistance with special projects as needed.
• Attends mandatory meetings and trainings.
• Uses appropriate information to answer phone inquiries, following program knowledge.
• Operates a variety of office equipment such as computer, calculator, photocopier, postage meters, etc.
Job Requirements & Skills:
• Standard computer skills including Microsoft Office and Internet
• Attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Ability to multi-task, work productively with limited supervision.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to communicate with people of different social, economic and ethnic backgrounds.
• Ability to communicate in Spanish is a plus.