Resource Development Director
Health and well-being start with having a safe and affordable home in a stable and opportunity-rich community. We promote these conditions by developing housing, by providing housing resources and education in collaboration with our partners in the public and private sectors.
The Resource Development Director reports directly to the CEO and will lead a tight-knit and dedicated team to provide the necessary vision, leadership and resource development skills which will enable the organization to achieve its fundraising targets to support organizational development and programing. The Resource Development Director will have substantial fundraising and management experience, a talent for building relationships and a proven track record in securing funds from statutory sources, foundations, trusts and major donors. By coordinating major and minor events, writing proposals and recruiting and leading volunteers, the Resource Development Director will help NeighborWorks Housing Solutions achieve its financial and donor stewardship goals. The ideal candidate will be motivated, professional and organized.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Promote awareness of the organization’s mission and work
• Maintain a strong and active social media presence across multiple platforms and lines of business
• Cultivate a network of dedicated donors and volunteers
• Spot new fundraising opportunities
• Plan and manage existing fundraising initiatives to help the organization meet financial goals
• Form strong relationships with external stakeholders
• Ensure major donors are satisfied and kept involved with the mission of NeighborWorks
• Research individuals, corporations, and foundations that are interested in gift giving
• Effectively convey the organization’s mission, vision and programs to potential donors
• Assist in writing grant applications and fundraising proposals for specific departments and new opportunities
• Organize and manage annual fundraising and ribbon cutting/ground breaking events
• Manage the resource development department budget and track whether goals are being met
• Lead the annual fundraising planning process to produce effective strategies to achieve targets across the range of revenue streams
• In cooperation with the CEO, lead the development of short and long-term strategic goals for the department
• Identify new potential income streams and produce strategies to access these funds
• Manage an effective resource development team that meets set targets and donor cultivation goals
• Assist in oversite and management of grant contracts and donor data management systems to ensure compliance
• Manage existing board fundraising committee meetings and periodically attend board meetings
• Recognize the power of effective stewardship (thanking donors, informing them about the impact of their gifts, keeping them apprised of progress on the community work it is intended to address and deepening the relationship.
• Strengthen those relationships by promptly handling inquiries, valuing donor gifts regardless of the size, and regularly communicating about NHS investments and community impact those investments are making and offering direct contact with our developments and programs
• Monitor progress, evaluate results, identify potential problem as they arise and develop and implement corrective/improved procedures and methods in a timely fashion.
• Maintain historical campaign records
• Prepare the appropriate paperwork for Finance and work collaboratively to ensure campaign tracking in a timely manner
• Responsible for donor database, upkeep and implementation
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that re required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Requirements & Skills:
QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
• At least 3 years of experience in resource development, fundraising, sales or marketing
• Exceptional communication and relationship-building skills
• Ability to lead and motivate colleagues and volunteers
• Strong attention to detail
• Passion for research
• Strong knowledgeable and skills with social media and data management platforms
• Demonstrable track record of strategic fundraising
• Successful, significant and relevant achievement at management level in a comparable organization
• Experience utilizing the strength of an organization brand for nonprofit/business development
• Proven track record of meeting challenging income targets
• Proven ability to build, manage and develop key stakeholders, client and donor relationships
• Ability to secure senior management and board approval for strategy
• Highly self-motivated and able to work autonomously, take initiative and make decisions
• Commitment to NHS’ core values and strategic direction
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Evidence of continued professional development
• Public speaking experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
This position is onsite at 422 Washington Street, Quincy, MA with some remote flexibility possible. We’re stronger together. At NeighborWorks Housing Solutions we believe in the power of different voices. We encourage authenticity and diversity in every individual within our community.
Occasional travel along with some evening or weekend work may be required. This position sometimes requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping, and stretching. Requires ability to regularly lift up to 25 pounds. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Work is performed in an office environment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job is primarily conducted in an office setting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Salary is commensurate with experience with excellent benefits.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
If working for this kind of organization inspires you, we encourage you to apply. NeighborWorks Housing Solutions is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. At NeighborWorks Housing Solutions we provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.