Health and well-being start with having a safe and affordable home in a stable and opportunity-rich community. We promote these conditions by developing housing, by providing housing resources and education in collaboration with our partners in the public and private sectors.
Support relationships between NHS and its constituent population by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with colleagues and the public. Massachusetts Housing Consumer Education Centers (HCEC’s) are a resource center for residents with any type of housing-related needs. NeighborWorks Housing Solutions is currently hiring for a full time Stabilization Specialist for our Housing Consumer Education Center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Working with households or individuals who have accessed financial assistance programs
• Providing case management services around employment, education, childcare, tenancy and other self-sufficiency skill building
• Assisting at office locations for “walk-in” clients and can triage and assess emergency housing situations.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Requirements & Skills:
QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
• Bilingual skills preferred as we serve a diverse population with many language needs.
• Experience working with homeless or low-income households
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Possess independent judgment and decision-making skills
• Active collaboration with external partners
• Flexibility to travel between various locations to meet the needs of our communities
• Valid driver’s license
• Ability to access transportation to reliably travel to offices and off-site events
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
NeighborWorks Housing Solutions is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. At NeighborWorks Housing Solutions we provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.