The RAFT program is funded by the Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) and provides short-term, limited financial assistance for eligible families facing:
- Eviction notice
- Doubled up in a must-leave situation
- Condemned housing that is no longer habitable
- Foreclosure proceedings resulting in loss of housing
- Severe overcrowding
- Fire, flood, or other natural disaster
- Domestic violence
- Mortgage or rent arrears
- Other crises that will result in loss of housing within 30 days
Not every household facing foreclosure or eviction is eligible for RAFT funds. The program is designed for families and individuals whose income is at or below 50% of the area median income with a percentage of funding targeted to those whose incomes are below 30% of area median income. This funding is available to eligible Massachusetts residents, regardless of immigration status.
Contact us at HCEC@NHSMass.org or call our RAFT phone line at 781-422-4204 with your questions or to request a callback. If you use our RAFT line, PLEASE leave your full name and phone number slowly and clearly and repeat your phone number to ensure that we can call you back!